Thursday, October 29, 2009

Good Customer Service Still Happens!

I got an email today from Netflix saying that my next DvD isn't available at a local center, but is shipping from another part of the country. Bummer right? I won't have a new DvD for days. Except, Netflix took care of that issue. They added a 4th DvD from my queue that will certainly arrive tomorrow.

I bet this was all automated. It's still great.

Too often I've seen companies fail their customer when things go wrong because they do not have effective measures for dealing with problems. Customer service doesn't have to mean that someone has to go out of their way. Good customer service means that a company has a system in place to provide good service to customers.

This is a very simple example of the right way to do business. Take care of your customer before they even ask. It's the kind of little thing that keeps me as a customer & makes me tell my friends about a business. It's true for a local store as it is for an online shop.

1 comment:

A Pocket Full of Posey said...

Netflix rocks. I have had 2 issues with dvds - nothing they could have prevented, and they fixed everything better than I would have requested. I'm going to feel badly when I cancel them, but it's not personal. We just don't watch movies fast enough to warrant keeping them. I just wish more companies followed their models.