Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Night Shift

Z came home Saturday. Thank goodness my sister & inlaws are here. They've been awesome. Meals, errands, cleaning, and helping to watch Z.

Saturday night, Z & Slick had a hard time getting into a rhythm feeding. Sunday night, Z became a night-owl. So Monday evening, I went to bed at 8pm. Grammy & Auntie took care of Z until Midnight. Slick took the 12-2am shift. I'm the overnight shift. Slick's still getting up to feed. But between feedings it's all me.

I setup his bouncy seat next to the computer, put some lullabies on Pandora, and have been relaxing with leftover coffee & web-surfing.

Hopefully, we can move Z to a day-time schedule quickly. Feeding is one thing. Being wide-awake ALL night is another.

1 comment:

Henry Martin said...

I was posting to my blog - only third time this year - and hit next blog and there you were!

I'll pray for Z, for I know a little about 'special needs' children. And about losing a child. Never forget the lost twin, he was precious even if never saw the world!

I lost my son just as he was coming into adulthood, and it hurts even nine years later. His younger brother has two little boys, both within the Autism spectrum. Their second child was a miscarriage, but they have not forgotten her.

Life is precious, and we must remember that our children are truly a gift from God.