Thursday, January 08, 2009

Granny Did What?

As mentioned several times, one of the big highlights of our Christmas holiday was getting Slick's Granny to play Wii Bowling.

The whole thing started on a whim, like most of my crazy ideas. I generally assumed that she would talk her way out of doing it. But my mother-in-law gave me an encouraging look and I pressed on mostly for her.

Well OK, I admit that it might have been a dubious look. It's the same sort of look Slick gives me when I'm about to be excessively silly. But 70-80% of the time Slick laughs "with" me when the dust settles. Further, I haven't broken anything or ended up in an emergency room in years. What could possibly go wrong? Right?

Well...

My cell rings tonight at 8:30. It was the Queen.. We had just queued up a DvD for "movie night." I was attempting to get the DvD to skip the seemingly mandatory previews, so I just passed the phone to Slick.

"...bought a Wii!? ... Really?"

My brain, still attempting to get to the title screen, lurched at this 1/2-conversation. Did Slick just? Who? Crap...went too far...no I didn't... Wait? A What? Who? Why won't the stupid home button just... A Wii? Huh?

"Granny?"

*Pause*

My brain, having successfully convinced my fingers to click the pause button, suggests that I listen just in case I'm in trouble or something. For once, I heed it's advice.

"...has been going over in the evenings to play with her?"

I asked my brain for confirmation. Unfortunately, it can't process this strange information & locks up. I'm on my own.

Thankfully, Slick is now off the phone laughing uncontrollably. Whew! Dodged another one!


It appears that Granny had a family member pick one up when they went to the "big-town" mall. Granny can't actually turn it on by herself. Instead, Slick's Aunt has been going over in the evenings and playing with her.

Never ever underestimate so-called "old" people. They will surprise you.

Think I should get her a copy of Mario Kart (assuming I ever find myself a copy?)

On a side note: the whole thing made us extra silly, thus making Kung Fu Panda even more enjoyable.

2 comments:

Avouz said...

Extra silly? Given all the posts and pictures below this one, I'd say you were already there.

Put down the Wii. Come back to WoW. Your friends miss you.

A Pocket Full of Posey said...

Go granny, go granny, go granny, go!