Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Boycott this Jacksass

I try really hard to ignore the shit that comes out of the mouths of so-called radio & television personalities. But, I unfortunately couldn't escape this story. Conservative radio host Michael Savage made a horrendous comment about Autism. Here's the AP story:

Radio host angers parents of autistic children

My nephew is autistic. He's not faking. My sister & her family aren't being put on. His comments spit in my sister's face. She agonizes daily with visiting doctors, getting special care in school and trying to figure out out to potty train a 6-year old who can't talk. It puts a strain on the entire family. My sister and her husband work full-time as pastors & they care for the Silent Prince while still trying to give my niece the attention she deserves.

What makes Savage extra-evil is that he had an opportunity to apologize for his remarks and would not. I'm going to try really hard and pray for Savage. In the meantime, I hope he loses his job. Shit like this just makes me angry.

2 comments:

christine mtm said...

i went to check my email before reading this and someone had sent me a copy of a youtube video of his remarks and the interview afterwards.

why do the really dumb, arrogant, nasty people get paid so much?

Nothing Knew said...

This guy was a waste of air long before he said this crap.

I saw the reports of it yesterday and wondered how long it would take for you/your sister to respond.

On a lighter note...I leave for Batman in 45 minutes.