Saturday, July 12, 2008

The New Captain's Chair

The aches and pains the last few weeks have made me really consider proper ergonomics. I thought I had done a good job, but the old setup just wasn't cutting it. As reported, I got a trackball earlier this week. I've also been looking at my overall setup. My conclusions? Change was needed. Slick and I talked about it and concurred it was time for me to look for a better chair. My big concern was cost. I've never spent more than $100 on a desk chair before. There was no way we were going to drop $700-1k on one of those fancy chairs like my old company got me when I was on partial disability. (Lord, I wish I could have taken that thing with me.)

Anyway, Slick and I went out and found a great chair for much less than I expected. It's got everything I need: Adjustable arm support, head rest, lumbar support. Heck, it's so nice that Office Depot was nearly sold out across the region.

The Captain's Chair

We also got a keyboard tray/arm, but the chair adjusts so well I'm taking it back. It's sad how excited I am about office furniture.

1 comment:

BostonPobble said...

Of all the things I still have in storage, I miss my office chair the most, I think. I could sit in that thing for 14 hours straight (and have had to on occasion) and stand up without a creak or pain.

In other words, I hear you. :)