Wednesday, July 09, 2008

Utterly Random Post

4th o' July...

...was freaking awesome. Another "geek" couple came to visit us this weekend. I made a ton of "healthy" food. We talked until late into the evening each night. We played fun, silly board games & hours of Zombie Flux. Flux is a card game with ever-changing rules. Zombie Flux is Flux only w/ Zombies. It's an awesomely fun time drinking wine, talking about our pets (that's what couples w/out kids do) and making Zombie sounds.

Who's On First?...

...Well, it's not Ryan Howard. The National League has a "good problem" when 3 of it's best players all play the same position. You can't keep Lance Berkman out of the All Star Game this year. Pujols is batting .346! I love Howard, but he strikes out too much in the face of that competition.

Trackball...

...Well, I finally caved and am swapping to a trackball. My hands hurt almost all the time. Using a trackball should help. I've gone with the Logitech Trackman Wheel Optical mouse based on a number of good user reviews and word-of-mouth. It grips like an ergonomic mouse and the scroll button is surprisingly smooth. Video-gaming could take some time to get used to.

Robert Plant & Alison Krauss...

...Thank you Pandora Internet Radio. I heard about this team-up, but I hadn't heard anything yet. I was listening to Pandora while reading the news this morning & Your Long Journey came on. I rushed over to iTunes (my sister gave me iTunes for Christmas) and got the whole album.

Elton Brand...

...Signed with the Sixers this week. This is exciting. They are a young and improving squad. Brand's addition could get them out of the first round this year. They are probably too young to make an honest run at the title, but it's still exciting. Brand's experience should help this young team.

Feeling...

Better than the other week. I got over the really bad spell barely in time for the 4th. Thanks goes to Slick who forced me to rest instead of helping her w/ our seasonal mega-cleaning. I feel really bad about not helping wash all those nooks and crannies around the house.

2 comments:

Nothing Knew said...

What a waste of posts...that was at least 4 posts worth of materials.

Nice to hear you are still alive.

Nothing Knew said...

BTW, I have that trackball...have for years. It is great. Nothing to complain about there. Unlike my damn wireless mice that keep giving up the ghost.