Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Vanilla Ice Ruined My Life

In the early 90's a hack named Vanilla Ice wrote a song that sounds like the opening to the great Queen song "Under Pressure." Nearly 20 years later, when I hear the beginning of Under Pressure, I think someone has essentially Rick Rolled me with "Ice Ice Baby!" I get confused, I reach to change the station or fix my Pandora feed. EVERY TIME!

"Khaaaaaaan!"

Damn you, Ice!

"To the last, I will grapple with thee... from Hell's heart, I stab at thee! For hate's sake, I spit my last breath at thee!" - Moby Dick

2 comments:

gamer-geek said...

There seem to be a lot of songs that start out sounding like a song I like... and then turn into something else entirely. At which point I go "What?" and then struggle to remember what the song I liked was again.

A Pocket Full of Posey said...

ummm... you ok??? I thought you were stonger than this. You should just play under pressure 10 times in a row so you will be 100% sure it's not Ice. Think about it - his song is rarely on the radio. You are more likely to hear the good song.