Thursday, June 12, 2008

It's Log

This limb was lying between my shed and my fence

At about 5:30PM EDT on Wed a massive storm with cheerios-sized hail and tree-snapping wind came rushing through my neighborhood. This sizable tree-branch landed inches from my fence and feet from my back shed. Broken branches littered the street this morning and several of my neighbors reported fallen limbs but no property damage.

The storm was bad enough that the hail was hitting the windows on all 4 sides of the house. But, it was the sounds of wood snapping that sent the dog and I downstairs to sit by the closet under the stairs. Trust me, if you had heard that noise and felt the house shake like I did, you would have done the same thing.

Slick was driving home at the time and hit the hail-storm at the edge of town. Thankfully, she wasn't coming down the street when the wind was knocking over trees. Still, I quickly moved the ladder and tools from the middle of the garage so she could park. Major thunderstorms rolled through all evening long, but none of it was as bad as those first 10 minutes.

3 comments:

A Pocket Full of Posey said...

it's big, it's heavy , it's wood - thanks for getting the song stuck in my head!!

Glad to hear you are ok - these storms have been brutal!!!

christine mtm said...

omg, pocket! thanks now i have it in my head too.

i hope the hail broke the heat wave. it's nice and cool up here now.

BostonPobble said...

I've felt the wind shake the house and heard the trees snap. You're right, I did *exactly* what you did! Glad right along with Posey and the Lovely Cats that all is well.