Wednesday, April 09, 2008

Random Thoughts

Today's post is a bunch of random thoughts I've been having, but that I'm unable to come up with enough coherent thoughts about to make them "post-worthy" on their own.

Thank You
This one goes out to flyDad & the Queen. On their way home from Florida, they stopped in. While they were here they took care of a bunch of things that I've been too sick to take care of. My lawn is cut. My garage light works. My guest toilet no longer runs all night. Things that I didn't even know where dirty are apparently clean now. They rock!

Chinese Olympics
This is awesomely fantastic! Best idea ever! Yes, the Olympics could be a complete disaster, but in the grand scheme of things this could be the single-most important moment in global human rights in the 21st century. Let the protests continue. Let the Chinese government try to control the media. Let the whole world watch!

Penguin Suit
Forget the price of gas. Has anyone checked out the price of tux rentals lately? I could almost buy a whole suit for the amount I'm spending to rent the damned thing. Don't get me wrong, it's totally worth it. I'm honored to be in the wedding and excited as hell about the "gamer-geek" bachelor party.

Murder by Shakespeare
This is a note to all my Shakespeare loving murder-mystery junky friends. Look for a book called "Interred with Their Bones" by Jennifer Lee Carrell. I don't know why I'm reading it, ....I was at the library, I needed a book, it was there and they didn't have the Asimov book I wanted....but I digress...

I can't stop thinking how much my wife, sister, BostonPobble and a slew of other friends would enjoy it. No spoilers here! All you need to know is that it's a present-day murder mystery, the killer is using the works of Shakespeare and the action starts in the first 20 pages. I could tell you more, but NothingKnew yells at me when I post spoilers & I'm only on page 100.

The Phillies
I have determined that I must remain deeply skeptical about the Phillies for them to have a shot in hell. Whenever I think they "look good" they fall apart. Whenever I talk about how much they suck, that's when they win. So, from now on the Phillies suck!

No comments: