Sunday, November 02, 2008

EST Sucks

I love daylight savings time. Eastern Standard Time sucks. The only real problem I've ever had with EDT is the time adjustment playing online games with our friend living in Thailand. Now that we're back to "regular" time, it's a 12-hour difference. Aside from that, I see no intrinsic value to EST. When the sun suddenly set at 5:30 today, it just felt screwy. All I get from this so called "regular" time is less sunlight and a need to remember to turn on the front lights before Slick comes home. I don't understand why we can't just say screw it and adjust all the clocks 1 hour and be done with it. Who needs extra daylight first thing in the morning?

Seriously, if I wanted less light to be a "feature" I would move to Canada. Granted, if McCain wins on Tuesday...

1 comment:

Nothing Knew said...

Hate to tell you...but Canada won't want you...maybe your wife and you can tag along.

There is a lot of discussion about this time change thing in non-election years. Last year when they switched the date to later in the year it was even more so. There are plenty of places to read about the historical reasons for it.

It had a purpose but, like subsidies for oil companies, it has outlived said purpose. Might be time for a change.