Thursday, November 13, 2008

Fybro Update

The roller coaster ride continues this fall. I have a few good days followed by a few bad days. It took me 4 days to rebound from going to the Obama rally. I'm not regretting it, but it was hard. Over the weekend, we did some much needed yard work & were really busy. By mid-Monday, I felt like I had hit a brick wall. The fatigue the last few days has been really rough, but general pain is still down.

I also had my first "Ambien" events last week.

On Monday night, I fell asleep on the recliner until after 4AM and then could barely stand up to get myself into bed. On Tuesday night, I apparently got up, turned on the lights and used the bathroom and then went back to bed without turning the lights off. Slick reported this to me, but I have no memory of the event. Things are really out of sync.

Neither of these compare to what happened Saturday...

I was reading on the couch waiting for sleepiness to kick in, but it never seemed to. So, I got up and looked at my music library on iTunes. At some point the meds kicked in, but I didn't actually fall asleep. I just kept on surfing and then went to bed. I remember doing all this and yet it's all sort of vague. The next morning I found that i had bought several videos in the iTunes store. I have since changed my settings to make it harder to purchase things. One-click shopping is bad for sleepwalkers!

I was really embarrassed about that one and pissed at myself. I'm getting over it. Blogging about it and letting you share in my misery helps.

On Wednesday, I had a 4-week checkup to see how I'm doing with the Lyrica. I reported my sleepwalking to my Doctor along with my other symptoms.

The Lyrica and the Ambien together are probably doing this. Since, my Doctor wants to double my Lyrica dose now, we're going to try to see if I can be weaned off the Ambien.

Needless to say that my body is really pissed off at me today. I'm tired, I hurt, I didn't sleep well last night and I think I'm experiencing side-effects from the increased Lyrica dose. It's going to be a really fun couple days as I adjust.

1 comment:

Nothing Knew said...

Sleep shopping! That is awesome!

Well, not funny for you...but since it wasn't anything too bad..funny for us.

Hope the doc can get you leveled off.