Wednesday, August 06, 2008

The Internets Pipe Is Clogged

So, the Internet connection here at the rental house is down. The guy from the rental agency came out Sunday and unlocked the electronics room, but all he knew how to do was recycle the power. So, my uncle called me downstairs to help. The television feed is running, but the Internet light is not and we still haven't gotten it fixed.

iDad started wandering around looking for WiFi signals with his iPhone. (Which was OMG funny!) Other members of my family kept asking me "What will we do?" Perhaps it's denial, but I just shrugged and went back to my mystery book. (Note: the wife did it!) Then when that was done, I moved on to my Obama book. I - gasp - explored the outdoors. I - oh the horror - swam in the pool & walked on the nature trail. By Monday however, the inmates became restless.

That's when iDad found a faint connection to another WiFi signal when standing in the corner of one room on the third floor. Pandemonium ensued! Followed by begging! I lugged my old laptop (which I almost didn't bring) up to the room and set it up in the corner. Since my nephew wanders in and out of the room, I can't just leave my laptop sitting on the floor. Instead, I've had to unpack it a few times for people to read email and blah blah blah...

Anyway, that's what's going on. I had intended to supply random photos of OBX everyday. But frankly, it's better this way. So, don't expect anymore posts this week. I'm having fun, playing with the kids, wearing plenty of sunscreen, and generally making an obnoxious pain of myself whenever possible. Ah vacation!

No comments: