Sunday, September 28, 2008

Running On Empty

Today on our daily walk, we saw a fresh tanker truck at the station down the road. By the time we passed the station again on our loop, there were already 20 cars in line to get gas. Last week, our area got 1/2 of it's usual supply of gas. News reports suggest that it could take days (or weeks) before new shipments make up for the missed supplies.

We're making due and thus far it's more annoying that a problem. We skipped our planned weekend errands and trip to the outlets. Slick will simply have to pick up groceries on the way home from work. It's going to be nice this week, so I can walk to the bank, & the doctor's office.

Eventually, I'll need to put gas in at least one of the cars. Eventually, I need to go to Sears to get a new belt for the broken vacuum. Until then, we simply have to ignore the build-up of dog hair.

I can't imagine what some of my neighbors who work in Charlotte are doing. I've also wondered how my neighbor the landscaper is handling this. All and all, it's just one more reason to be glad I don't have my 30 mile commute anymore.

No comments: