Monday, October 27, 2008

Health Update

Talk to the Hand
My hand is much improved. The swelling decreased a great deal on Friday. My hand still has a big silver-dollar sized "sunburn" on it, but otherwise fully functional. I've been taking some time to reorganize and resupply the emergency kits in the house and cars since it's clear that I'm allergic to wasps.

Fibromyalgia
I'm up to 75 mg of Lyrica a day. It seems to be helping with a lot of my fibro symptoms. Specifically, the day to day tingling and numbness in my hands, arms, feet and legs is almost completely gone. My issues with cold in my extremidies seems to be better. Muscle aches are greatly reduced. I'm hardly touching my painkillers. The side effects are harsh and I'm not sure if I'll be able to go to the next level of dosing because I don't think I'll be able to handle taking it during the day.

Unfortunately, my headaches have been bad due to seasonal allergies. And with everything that's been happening between the new meds, the allergies and the wasp sting, my fatigue issues have been really bad for the last few weeks. It's been one thing after another.

Today I found myself just frustrated with everything and had to just give myself a time out. I screwed around with a box of computer parts in the closet, played on the computer and the wife brought home some takeout so I didn't have to cook. (She's so understanding.)

Hopefully, with the first frost of the season expected tonight, the wasp sting healing & generally getting used to the new medications, I'll have a good November.

No comments: