Sunday, October 05, 2008

Remembering Karen

Posey & MrsKnew (the real power behind the throne) are participating in the Philadelphia 3-day walk for a cure in just a few weeks.

A few weeks ago, Slick and I were visiting with my inlaws and their friends at the beach. The one day everyone was sitting around watching sports and reading books when I overheard the Queen and some of her friends talking about someone they knew who has breast cancer. Sitting there, reading my book, thoughts of Karen suddenly hit me like a ton of bricks. I had to force myself to swallow the tears and keep reading.

Since then, thoughts of Karen keep hitting me. Out of nowhere I've been remembering visiting her in the hospital like it was yesterday instead of last year. I think about settling into our dorm sophomore year. I think about Karen's laughing down the hall. I think about how close we are to Halloween. I pray that we find a cure so no more families have to go without a wife and mother.

Please support your local Breast Cancer fundraisers.

Slick recently switched to Yoplait and is saving her lids.

Also, check out Army Of Women.org. It was featured on the Oct 1 broadcast of the Nightly News with Brian Williams. It's a place where healthy women can sign up to become potential breast cancer study volunteers.

As my sister is apt to say, God's peace ya'll!

No comments: