Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Keyboard & Mouse

I asked this question to Nothing Knew in an email, but I thought I would put it out to my readership as well.

I was wondering if you had any suggestions about keyboards & mice.

My fibro causes pain in my hands and wrists similar to the issues of arthritis &/or carpal tunnel sufferers. Meds help, hamd exercises help, but I often have trouble with comfort at the computer. (And the car and all sorts of other places.) The issues are long periods typing but more importantly gaming.

Standard just plain keyboards work fine from a functional standpoint. The standard mouse is too small and not shaped right. The keyboards provide no support and positioning hurts after a while.

I have a few things I've tried. I have a Microsoft wireless comfort keyboard & wireless laser mouse 6000 I got a few years ago. They are perfect from an ergonomic standpoint and I like the feel and throw of the keys. But the wireless is suspect, especially when gaming. It also cuts out in the presence of other wireless devices.

The wife has a Logitech cordless desktop mx3000. Wireless connection is much better, but the keys are too tight together and the clicks feel hard. The mouse is way too heavy.

I've got a Logitech Trackman ergonomic wheel mouse which is great but I can't do serious gaming with it. I've tried and it's too much.

So, what I'm looking for is something wired (usb) that has similar feel and comfort as my microsoft keyboard/mouse but at a reasonable price.

No comments: