Sunday, December 28, 2008

And Still We Wii

I know that I'm a tad behind the times getting a Wii this year, but wow. Even with just one controller, WiiSports and a very small space to play in the farm house, we continue to just play, play, play...

The amazing part is Slick's 81 year old Granny. She's bowling great. She only left 2 open frames last night. Sure, we're helping her position and click buttons until it's time to swing, but she's directing us. "Don't forget to move me over."

flyDad loves the golf. No surprise there. He's analyzing the course, looking for places to shorten the hole. He's reading the greens. He's then helping the rest of us when we do it.

The Queen & I are really into the tennis game. We totally need two controllers to play together. Of course, there's no room here for both of us to play anyway. Can't wait to get it home in my TV room.

I've started researching games & accessories to pick up. Obviously, we want at least one more controller. What about the voice accessory? More controllers? Do we want the Fit (Which is expensive.) Can't wait to get it hooking up to my network and try out all the other features as well. Cainam has already told me that we can Mario Kart together over the internet.

Slick wants a guitar game. She's just not sure which. So, we have to look into that as well. My gut says that we'll get a 2nd controller, a guitar game & a used game and enjoy those for a while.

This is seriously going to cut into our World of Warcraft time.

4 comments:

Andrew said...

Yes! Wii Tennis is great - Jennie and I adore playing that one still - although playing co-op is less likely to result in a fist-fight than playing against each other. (I play tennis in the summer, and the wii game rewards realistic swings quite well - I'm amazed at how well it translates.)

Some game recommendations, in case you care:

Zak & Wiki - great puzzle game

Boom Blox - way too fun to play multiplayer - it's very visceral feeling

Mario & Sonic at the Olympics - a lot of variety, and generally leads to silly fun

Andrew said...

Oh yeah! And funny story from last Christmas when we got our Wii: We have a small living room, and the only real place to stand when you play Wii is beside the Christmas tree. Well, Jennie was playing tennis, and got a little too into a rally.... on one swing she ended up hitting an ornament clear off the tree and into the television, where it promptly shattered. Funniest thing ever.

gamer-geek said...

Andrew, that's a great story!
I suggest Wii Play - there's enough fun games to make it worth the $10 more than just buying a Wii remote, in my opinion.

Anonymous said...

don't forget, there's always birthday and Christmas.