Monday, December 08, 2008

The Football Mistress

Tonight my other "home town" team prepares for MNF. The game is actually being broadcast on network TV, so I can watch. I really do "like" the Panthers. I can't imagine ever really being a fan. Football teams are like wives, you can't have two. Sadly, following the Panthers week-in and week-out means that I'm beginning to know them better than my Eagles. I feel dirty. Is this what cheating is like?

Coach Fox is a stand-up guy and calls a hard-nosed style of football that I like. Steven Smith is a headcase, but Fox generally keeps him under control. Delhomme plays with passion and loves to throw under pressure.

They strike me as a team that plays better with a lead, but then they amaze me with their ability to run the 2-minute drill. That's something that Reid & McNabb have consistently disappointed me on through the years.

And tonight is the kind of game that's perfect for MNF. It's December. It's a conference showdown. The winner takes first place in the NFC South.

Are you ready for some football?

Damn, this is the kind of excitement I want for my Iggles.

3 comments:

Avouz said...

If your team is like your wife, then I must be like one of those Arab sheiks with six or more wives.

My forte is college football as you know and I'm pretty excited too. My top 3 are all getting bowl bids and some of them are pretty solid.

My #1, my alma mater, Virginia Tech took the ACC championship and is likely against Cincinnati in the Orange Bowl.

My #2, as a native of West Virginia, WVU takes on North Carolina in the Meinke Bowl on Dec 27.

My #3, my wife's alma mater, Penn State is going to the Rose Bowl against USC.

I am SO looking forward to bowl season.

Cainam said...

So does that make the Jets and the Giants the old girlfried that I can make a booty call to?

BostonPobble said...

You have my empathy.

Signed ~

A Cowboys Fan Who Spent A LOT of Time In Patriots Country