Saturday, August 11, 2007

Nope, still not sure...

So, I've been pouring through the section concerning sexuality in the ELCA "memorial" documentation that went out before the national convention and I'm still scratching my head. It's either a well-designed bunch of legal-mumbo-jumbo or the national standardized reading test for 3rd graders. Either way, Huh?!? I'm linking it, but don't try and read it!

Report of the Memorials Committee

Anyway, I know as much as I knew before I looked at section "E." The ELCA, just like the rest of the world, is divided on human sexuality. I do, however, take comfort in a few things. "We" do, at least in print, strive to be accepting of the sinner even if we actively can't seem to discern what to do with the sin. In other words, everyone agrees to refrain from gay-bashing. Everyone actively wants to be welcoming....sorta.

My biggest frustration is that this HOT issue isn't front-page stuff on the ELCA home page. Hasn't anyone gotten any clue that this is the story that the new-people will run with? Hasn't anyone looked and seen what's happening to the Episcopalians? Dude, seriously! In the absence of real information and serious communication, people (like me) are gonna make shit up. This...and many other reasons...is why I stay out of church politics.

Sigh! Stupid is as stupid does!

No comments: