Sunday, July 08, 2007

All-Star Roster Comparison

So, how did my picks work? With 14 of my 16 picks going to the All-Star game, I'm really pleased with my choices. I apparently can't pick short stops. You'll also note that I didn't make pitcher selections. That's because I know squat about pitching and what makes a good pitcher.

Anyway, I'm really glad that Matt Holiday & Aaron Rowand both made it as reservists. Both of them are having great years. I'd much rather see them than Barry Bonds.

AL
1B: D Ortiz, BOS - Starter!
2B: B Roberts, BAL - Reserve!
SS: O Cabrera, LAA - Not on the team. :-(
3B: A Rod, NYY - Starter!
C: J Posada, NYY - Reserve!
OF: I Suzuki, SEA - Starter!
OF: M Ordonez, DET - Starter!
OF: V Guerrero, LAA - Starter!

NL
1B: A Pujols, STL - Starter!
2B: C Utley, PHI - Starter!
SS: J Rollins, PHI - Not on the team. :-(
3B: M Cabrera, FLA - Reserve!
C: R Martin, LAD - Starter!
OF: M Holiday, COL - Reserve!
OF: A Soriano, CHC - Reserve!
OF: A Rowand, PHI - Reserve!

Hopefully, some of the All-Star events will be on MLB.TV. The stupid "exclusive" rights rules are confusing and stupid. I don't get playoffs and I'm in the potential black-out regions for the Braves, Reds, Orioles & Nationals.

No comments: