Thursday, July 26, 2007

File Under WTF

So, I'm really excited by the concept of MLBtv. I'm really happy to watch Phillies games. And for the most part, I'm pleased. Sadly, the moronic blackout restrictions have been frustrating.

1) All Nationals, Reds, Braves & Orioles games are blacked out. I can listen, but not watch. Now, the Braves games make sense to me. This is Braves country. I can be in Atlanta in a few hours. They are shown regularly on our TV. But as I type, the Phillies are playing the Nationals. That game is not on our local tv. The rules don't even let me watch the recordings of these games. Why not? What purpose does it serve to restrict my access to an already finished game?

2) Weekend restrictions: Saturday afternoon & Sunday night games are blacked out...period. It doesn't matter that Phillies games are rarely shown here. They are still blacked out. This is an "exclusive rights" agreement.

No comments: