Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Bionic Rabbit Ears

This is the continuation from the earlier "Rabbit Ears" post. I did make a final product selection.

For our antenna, I went with the Terk HDTVa Indoor Amplified High-Definition Antenna for Off-Air HDTV Reception. My research indicated that an indoor antenna would be fine. But it also indicated that, given the distance, an amplifier would help.

For the tuner, I finally found and went with the Philips DVDR3575H/37 1080p Upscaling DVDR with Built-In Tuner. This was a tough call. The Samsung was highly recommended and available at my local big-box store today. It was also well within my budget. The Philips machine stretches the budget to the limit. Still, Slick totally and enthusiastically approved this upgrade. The Philips does what no other "non-Tivo," "non-Replay" machine can do w/out having to get a cable or satellite package. It acts as a DTV tuner, a DVR w/pause & a DvD burner w/ multiple play back options.

Anyway, the equipment will be here in a week or so. After I get it installed, I'll post some pictures and let you know how things go.

No comments: