Friday, September 21, 2007

The Evils of Free Shipping & Online Package Tracking

Last week, I ordered 3 things (separately) from a certain online company. Each gave me the option for "free" 5-9 day shipping. Heck yeah! So, here's the thing...there's something to be said for paying to get something fast! I'm the kind of person who thinks that anticipation is not character-builder it's just another way for the universe to screw with me. Sigh! But I digress...

Add to this the evils of online package tracking. I can clearly see the location of all three packages. The biggest problem is that the first item was ordered on Monday! It was declared "shipped" on the 19th. So why is it still listed as "carrier notified to pick up package." This wouldn't be so bad except it's the thing I ordered for Slick. Her gaming headset broke. She's really frustrated. (Thankfully, she doesn't like wearing mine.) It's my own damn fault for not going for 2-day. I'm just cheap!

On the other hand, the package that I ordered yesterday already left the shop and is already in Greensboro. It'll probably be here Monday. And thanks to the magic of Murphy's Law, it the item I care least about!

The final item is my new toy that I've been talking about. Of all the weeks to have it, next week would be so sweet. I could watch season premieres. Again, brother Murphy is a real SoB! It's coming sloooowwwllly from NV by way of Cal.

Anyway, that's my completely pointless rant for the week.

Night all!

No comments: