Monday, September 24, 2007

No Longer a Difference of Opinion

On Saturday while out for our Saturday morning walk, Slick tells me that the North West Passage is clear. I paused for a moment praying that she was referring to some new World of Warcraft patch that I'd not heard up. *SIGH!* No, she wasn't. The North West Passage is clear.

Plain Sailing on the Northwest Passage


The NW Passage is the infamous arctic sea route above Canada. To westward expansionists it was a holy grail, a way to get things fast, fast, fast from Eastern Canada to Alaska. It could not be traversed without ice-cutters, luck and well luck...until now.

For a long while, I've worked hard to accept global warming skeptics and apologists as either foolish or people with a different opinion. Eventually, they would see the light. When I heard this news, it was my breaking point. They are enemies of the planet.

50 years from now, if I'm wrong, then I was wrong and we still made life-style changes that created a more balanced relationship with the world around us. We'll have renewable energy and paradigm shift for the better.

50 years from now, if the skeptics are wrong, we're all SCREWED!!!

This isn't SciFi where we can all just leave the planet in search of a new one. Note: In all those shows, the transition was REALLY hard. This is real life.

Stupid F#^%nuts!

No comments: