Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Makes My Blood Boil

"Bush's War" is really good. I knew it would make me upset, but I didn't realize how frustrated I would get with the segment involving Colin Powell leading up to his address to the UN. I remember watching 1/2 and listening to the other 1/2. It was that address, given specifically by that man that made me believe that Iraq had WMD's. I admit that I supported the war based on the integrity of one man and a belief that our intelligence agencies had done their jobs. Perhaps that was naive of me.

But watching this show, I see that data was being manipulated to support the assumption instead of letting it stand for itself. As a student of science and as an American it makes me angry that we sent good men & women to die because they didn't just get it wrong, but that they did it wrong.

It's dishonest and wrong.

1 comment:

BostonPobble said...

I, too, supported the war because of Powell. While the whole thing makes me angry, his part in it makes me sad.