Friday, March 28, 2008

Some Good Health News for a Change

Today, I visited my doctor and it was really positive. My tests all came back clean and the stomach trouble is "only" an infection. My insides look surprisingly good. My doctor is really impressed with my efforts and that made me feel a lot better about myself. It's easy to get down when you feel like crap. I left my doctor's appointment feeling really positive about my efforts to manage my health and empowered by my doctor to keep at it.

I've come to realize that a key aspect of managing fibro is finding a doctor who is a partner with you. His listens to me. We talk about my symptoms and share notes. Today, I brought him "new" data about my problems with cold. He took notes, offered thoughts and gave me guidance. He doesn't just toss drugs at me and hustle me out the door. He's often swamped (today I waited 45 minutes for my appointment,) yet I find he's always prepared for my visits with data and direction.

No comments: