Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Heaven When We're Home or I got your Shuffle right here!

Disclaimer: I do this thing because I love my sister. She owes me for making me do it! You have no idea how odd a complete "shuffle" can turn out on myiPod . What's interesting is the number of artists that got "multiple" plays on this. For fun, I've added a line from each song. It really makes this work...frighteningly so...

The rules:
1. Put your music player on Shuffle
2. For each question, press the next button to get your answer.
3. YOU MUST WRITE THAT SONG NAME DOWN NO MATTER WHAT. (This is in capital letters, so it is very serious.)
4. Add editorial comments in parenthesis after most song names.

(I changed the rules a little, but you'll figure it out.)

1. IF SOMEONE SAYS “IS THIS OKAY” YOU SAY?
"Times like these you learn to love again"
Times Like These by Foo Fighters

2. WHAT WOULD BEST DESCRIBE YOUR PERSONALITY?
"Reach out and touch me...you can call me a sinner and you can call me a saint"
Madonna vs Depeche Mode "Like Jesus or Not" by Apollo Zero Brothers (This is a mash-up)
Damn, that's good...almost deep!

3. WHAT DO YOU LIKE IN A GUY/GIRL?
"Tonight, we'll leave our troubles behind"
Tonight by Kate Walsh

4. HOW DO YOU FEEL TODAY?
"I'm a dreamin' man, yes that's my problem"
Dreamin' Man by Neil Young
Well, that explains a lot!

5. WHAT IS YOUR LIFE’S PURPOSE?
"I've no need for anger with intimate strangers"
Reunion by Indigo Girls
Tru dat!

6. WHAT IS YOUR MOTTO?
"I seek conclusion to all this confusion"
Be Here to Love Me by Norah Jones

7. WHAT DO YOUR FRIENDS THINK OF YOU?
"Desperate for changing, starving for truth"
Hanging By A Moment by Lifehouse

8. WHAT DO YOU THINK OF YOUR PARENTS?
"Everyone in the stands knew that he had won"
Kenesaw Mountain Landis by Jonathan Coulton
This was the only one I really couldn't make fit.

9. WHAT DO YOU THINK ABOUT VERY OFTEN?
"Hold me now! Warm my hearth. Stay with me!"
Hold Me Now (Thompson Twins) by General Store
Every time I think of Slick!

10. WHAT IS 2+2?
"I never seem to have the time."
Toes by Norah Jones

11. WHAT DO YOU THINK OF YOUR BEST FRIEND?
"How should I feel? Tell me how does it feel, to treat me like you do?"
Blue Monday (remix) by Orgy
ROTFLMAO!

12. WHAT DO YOU THINK OF THE PERSON YOU LIKE?
"Fill me up 'cause you're all that I've got and I've traveled a long, long way."
Fill Me Up by Shawn Colvin

13. WHAT IS YOUR LIFE STORY?
"Chill out!"
Complicated by Avril Lavigne

14. WHAT DO YOU WANT TO BE WHEN YOU GROW UP?
"If you need me, I'll be downstairs with the Shop Vac."
Shop Vac by Jonathan Coulton
Slick almost fell out of the chair when I shared this with her, because it's true!

15. WHAT DO YOU THINK WHEN YOU SEE THE PERSON YOU LIKE?
"Code Monkey think maybe manager wanna write G*d damn logon page himself..."
Code Monkey by Jonathan Coulton
Slick did fall out of her chair because that's how she felt today!

16. WHAT DO YOUR PARENTS THINK OF YOU?
"The sound of me singing with you. Helping each other to make it through."
One Voice by the Wailin' Jennys

17. WHAT WILL YOU DANCE TO AT YOUR WEDDING?
"If you believe what's right is right, then you will always have to fight! Guess I am a soldier afterall"
Soldier After All by John Gorka
We actually danced to "Have I told you lately that I love you?" sung by Van Morrison & the Chieftains.

18. WHAT WILL THEY PLAY AT YOUR FUNERAL?
"Things have been ok for me, except that I'm a Zombie now."
Re: Your Brain by Jonathan Coulton
Seriously, I didn't make this up. That's what came on!

19. WHAT IS YOUR HOBBY/INTEREST?
"Jerusalem, my happy home, oh how I long for thee."
Jerusalem, My Happy Home by Ralph Stanley

20. WHAT IS YOUR BIGGEST SECRET?
"Little mountain church house where friends and family gathered for the Lord."
Little Mountain Church House by the Nitty Gritty Dirty Band
Not sure this is a "secret," but it's certainly a warm fuzzy personal feeling.

21. WHAT DO YOU THINK OF YOUR FRIENDS?
"You're so easily confused."
Faded by Ben Harper

22. WHAT SHOULD YOU POST THIS AS?
"Something tells me there must be something better than all this."
Heaven When We're Home by the Wailin' Jennys
But, I'm working on it!

1 comment:

christine mtm said...

OMG!!! ROTFLMAO!!!

they were great. thank you brother!