Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Unbox Pt 2

Having worked in a "service" industry, I value customer feedback. So, I did send a note to Amazon. The response was prompt "canned" reply. The solution was to essentially blame Vista and provide a work-around:
1. Locate the Unbox program files by using Windows Explorer (My
Computer). By default the location of the files is: C:\Program
Files\Amazon\Amazon Unbox Video. The program files names are
"ADVWindowsClientApp.exe", "ADVWindowsClientService.exe", "Amazon
Unbox Config.exe", and "ADVWindowsClientSystemTray.exe"
2. Right-click the first program file, then choose "Properties."
3. Click on the "Compatibility" tab.
4. At the bottom of this tab should be a check box that states, "Run
as administrator."
5. Place a check-mark in this box and click on "Apply," then click on
"OK."
6. Repeat 2 - 5 for the remaining 3 files.
OK, I appreciate their prompt response, but come on people, this is the big-time. I don't have to manually make changes to iTunes, Google, Firefox, World of Warcraft or the dozens of other software programs I use. I'm also on the "upper" end of the computer skills curve. Do you really want this to be the answer for millions of clients? That's bad customer service & it's bad technical service. Thanks, but no thanks.

1 comment:

christine mtm said...

does all this mean that i can't find and watch terminater on my 'puter? i was hoping that i would be able to do that since i've missed the first two episodes and wanted to see them (hubby watched the 2nd one and said it was really good.)

btw, you should read my blog "misery is a butterfly" and do it too.