Thursday, February 14, 2008

Can We Just Play Ball?

Did anyone watch any of the footage from today's Roger Clemens hearing on Capitol Hill? Well, I did and you didn't miss much.

*SIGH!*

It was painful. This is worse than when Big Mac was on the hill. This is like taking the dead horse, beating it, burying it, digging it back out and beating it again. It's a sad day for America, baseball and for Roger Clemens. It doesn't matter if he's a victim or a cheat. It's just sad.

I'm also upset that the hearings are even taking place. Today, while watching clips of the hearing I also saw a a report that our fleet of F-16's are falling apart from over-use. I read about reservists committing suicide. I read that Lake Mead may dry up. I even read something that helped me estimated my share of the tax rebate. In other words...

We've got an endless and failed war that's destroying our military readiness. We're not taking proper care of our veterans. We've got major environmental issues destroying our natural resources. We've got a serious economic slowdown happening.

What do our elected officials do? They hold hearings to determine if Roger Clemens is a lying cheat. I got news for them. I no longer care. These are serious times and baseball is...baseball!

From my prospective, MLB is sitting on a full count with 2 outs and the winning run on 3rd. A bloop single keeps me watching. One more major screw-up has me learning to enjoy college ball and the sound of aluminum bats.

I shit you not! *Ting*

I don't need Congress to keep dragging the baseball heroes of the 90's through their door. I need baseball to promise me NO MORE and mean it. That's all. Justice is not served here. This is a waste of our taxes.

Fix the economy. Build us new F-22s & retire the old stuff. Bring our brave men & women home from Bush's war. Usher in an age of sustainability. Baseball will fix itself or the fans will do it for them.

No comments: