Sunday, February 03, 2008

Super Bowl Menu

In a somewhat unusual turn of events, Slick and I are home alone for the Super Bowl. That doesn't mean I can't make Super Bowl food! I just have to keep the portions under control.

Tonight's Menu

Wings
Screw deep fried! The best way to make wings is to fire up the charcoal and cook em slowly (about an hour) in the Webber Kettle. Instead of drowning them in sauce, I use home-made dry rubs. Today it's Tex-Mex for that "Hot-Wing" flavor & Jamaican Jerk seasoning.

Blackened Shrimp
Since I've got that fire going, I might as well get some prawns from the freezer, skewer them up and coat em with a mix of Old-Bay blackened seasoning & a little olive oil.

Veggie Kabobs
Remember the skewers I got out for the shrimp? Well, toss some "baby" portobello mushrooms, onions, peppers and whatever else you want on them.


Home-Made Soft Pretzels
You can take the boy outta Philly, but you can't take Philly outta the boy. Like all couples married in the 90's, we've got a bread maker. So, it's time to roll up a batch of soft pretzels. A little spicy deli mustard and I'm back on Broad Street...only without the bus fumes!

Spinach & Pecan Salad
Yes I said salad! Some spinach, onions, peppers, feta cheese, craisins & pecans drizzled with olive oil and really good balsamic vinegar! Mmmmm...

Beer
The one and only Yuengling of course!

Seriously, enjoy your...what is that? Doritos & fake cheese dip? Bleh!

No comments: