Monday, February 04, 2008

Greatest Upset of All Time?!?

With respects to Broadway Joe, I think we watched the greatest football upset of all time tonight. Most of my family relocated to New England years ago, so I felt a little bad when I told them that I would be "pulling" for the Giants today.

Note: That was rough for me too. How can I pull for a NFC East rival? Simple! They aren't the Cowboys! Besides, who can't like Michael Strahan.

Anyway, to my family in New England, I'm sorry your team totally choked at the end! To the rest of the Pats fans HA! HA!!!

That, I promise, is the last thing I have to say on the matter.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sorry Greg, While I appreciate your enthusiasm and it was a great game to watch, I must disagree with you. It is me after all. Now I understand your thinking, 18 & 0, 12 point spread, the genius coach. But watching these two teams the last couple of weeks of the season and the playoffs. They were not that far apart. It was still an upset, even a big upset, but not the biggest. Heck, I think there was a bigger upset in college football this season. App State vs Michigan. I will say this though, having been on the losing side of a big upset, Phi Slama Jama vs NC State in 83, I know how devastating a loss like this can be to the fans. I would say that this is the most devastating loss of all time. With the 18 & 0 season and the add in the Celts playing well and the Sox winning the series, the New England area was looking at one of those sports years where every team is a champion. Then to have the “sure thing” come crashing down, that’s got to hurt. Anyway, that is my two cents worth.

LRNs said...

OK, let me adjust that statement a tad. I meant the biggest "NFL" upset. App State was freakin' huge, especially around here where 1 in 4 people seem to either have went to App or have children there.