Wednesday, May 07, 2008

Sedated

This is update #2 about my poor sedated doggy.

The nerves and excitement from a vet trip and children skateboarding in front of the house kept him lucid and mobile for most of the day. I noticed a bit of a walking problem, but he just pushed on. That all changed after laying by my feet while I played computer games for 3 hours tonight. We got up for the final potty-trip of the night...well, it didn't go well. We have hardwood stairs. He made it to the landing and laid down looking pathetic. I know, for a fact, that he weighs 50.8 lbs. That's about 30.8 more lbs than I'm supposed to carry, but what am I to do? I carried him outside so he could pee, then back upstairs. He's currently cuddling w/ Slick on the bed and looking extra pathetic. I'm not exactly certain where I'm sleeping tonight because unlike most nights, I can't just kick him off the bed. He may fall and hurt himself if I do.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Did I ever tell you that Buddy died? In January we found out he had cancer of the liver and spleen. He lasted about another month and then we had to put him down.