Friday, October 12, 2007

And the Noble Goes to...

Al Gore! YES! That's fantastic.

Let there be no mistake. Al Gore is hands down the guy I want for president. I have refrained from joining Draft Gore because I'm a lurker not a joiner.

Make no mistake, he passes all my tests. Here's my current list of key questions. Gore got a perfect score.

Is he Electable? Yes
Is he Presidential? Yes
Is he liked internationally? You bet
Would he be an "Environmental" president? Duh!
Is he against the war? Yes and I would trust him to resolve it.
Do I generally agree with his other political positions? Yes
Does he have experience? Why he'd be arguably the most experienced & knowledgeable candidate.
Is he a veteran? Yes, and those Swiftboat guys can kiss his sweet unblemished service record.
Is he a democrat? Yes.
Is he smart? Dude, seriously! He's dripping with smart.

And the list goes on...

Still, I don't think he'll run. I don't think he wants to put his family through that. In a lot of ways, he's doing a lot of good right where he is. He seems happy and excited about his work. I'd hate to wish 4 to 8 years of clean-up duty on him.

Ah, but I can dream!

No comments: