Monday, October 15, 2007

Props to Vinny

So, I would be a bad sport if I didn't give a shout-out to Vinny "still got it" Testaverde after all the crap I gave him and the Panthers last week.

My buddy Crash commented to me that I was a little harsh on Panthers fans and I wanted to set the record straight. I, in no way, condone ill-treatment of visiting fans. Frankly, I've been embarrassed more than once for being a Philadelphia sports fan. I'm just bitter from all the complaining I heard from folks about how mean "we" Eagles fans are. That said...there are other reasons for my rival fan bitterness.

I don't know how many times I've sat in the bleachers of the old Veterans stadium during Mets games and had to deal with rude Mets fans who came down from NY and/or drunk Phillies fans trying to pick fights with them. So bad were my experiences with games when the Mets have been in town that I once turned down FREE lower level seats to a game.

All Mets fans should receive life-long bans from Citizens Bank Park. Heck, all NY fans should be banned from the Philly sports complex. And when I say this, I'll point out that the best man at my wedding is a Giants/Mets fan. He's great people. He's allowed in as long as he wears Philly gear! ;-)

Note: My one experience at Giants Stadium was a delight. It was cold and we lost, but the fans were good to us. Also, Shea Stadium looks like shit from the outside, but it's a nice park on the inside.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

When I am dead you can bury me in a Phillies uniform. However, I will haunt you for the rest of your life. :-) Glad to hear you are feeling a bit better this week