Tuesday, October 23, 2007

OMG there are books at the Library

In this world of Amazon.com & Borders mega stores we forget that we have libraries. Heck, my mother-in-law is actually president (aka sucker who couldn't say no) of her local library board. But I digress...

As part of our "simplify" process, Slick and I really wanted to cut costs and waste. We have shelves upon shelves of books. Some are "precious" and might get re-read like her Agatha Christi collection & my C.S.Lewis. Others, however, are just pulp-fiction that we picked up in various places. Last year we spent hundreds of dollars on books. Sure we're not as bad as the characters in the Anime series Read or Die, but a lot of books.

As part of our simplification plan, we're donating over 1/3 of our books & using our library cards a lot more. In fact, the last 3 books I've read & the last 5 Slick read have all come from the library. I also found the audio books selection. I got some out for the long car-ride I have this weekend.

1 comment:

christine mtm said...

i should really take advantage of the library myself. of course that means i need to have time to actually read a book.