Monday, October 22, 2007

File under: WTF!!!

Fake Turf Watered As Supplies Dry Up

Duke field hockey ASTROTURF fields are being watered because of the rules. What about common sense? There's no excuse. I don't care if it's a rule. I don't care if they have an exception. This is just stupid.

This is even more stupid as the whole paying to zero out emissions. "Yes," says movie producers, "we made billions of pounds of waste making this film, but we planted trees." How about planting trees AND cutting your waste?

Dear Duke & UNC athletic departments, how about teaching your student athletes a real lesson? Tell the International Hockey Federation that you won't comply for the sake of the environment.

Good lord, while I'm forcing myself to cut my showers (even though it helps my muscle pain) these schools are watering astro-turf. I'm not saying I'm not perfect. I'm not saying that I don't waste and/or make waste. But I'm trying. And watering astro-turf for any reason is not trying!

I have a new word for people like these. They are called F#%$NUTS!

No comments: