Saturday, October 06, 2007

Link of the Day

OK, I know this is a lot of posts in one day, but I was thinking about starting a "link of the day" series. I read a lot of stuff online. Some is funny, some is series, some is crap...today's link is thought provoking.

Are U.S. Troops Being Force-Fed Christianity


Quick Synopsis: Troops are "encouraged" to immerse themselves in Christianity the same way they are indoctrinated into the armed services. The "brand" of Christianity however is purportedly a very specific "right-wing" pro-military form of Christian nationalism. The idea is not new.

My Comments: Throughout history nations have tried to create the perfect zealot. Why should we be any different? This is not the first article I've read on this subject recently, but it is the best, most well-written one. Well anyway, read, consider. I'll try and post more links as I find good stuff to share.

No comments: