Sunday, November 04, 2007

Blogs Worth Reading

I was chatting over gmail-chat with NothingNew today and we started talking about the blogs we like to read. I thought I would post my favorite blogs here. I actually read several more. I assume that NothingNew will make a similar post with a much longer list after seeing this one.

"Professional" Blogs
TreeHugger - This is a great blog with tons of daily posts with news, products and ideas concerning the creation of a eco-friendly society.
The Secret Diary of Steve Jobs - The author of this blog is really Daniel Lyons from Forbes Magazine. He was "outed" a few months ago. It's still a great place to get a combination of snarky humor & slanted-tech news.
Geeks of Doom - Ever read Ain't It Cool News? Geeks of Doom is like a blog version of Ain't It Cool. Regular news posts with news and reviews about Comics, TV & Movies.
Overheard In Philly - My taste of home. One-liners overheard on the streets of Philly. Raw, rude, crude & so very Philly. Don't say I didn't warn you!

"Personal" Blogs
FindingAvalon - This is my sister's blog. She started it a few months before me. Surprisingly, we've both taken very similar approaches. We both use pseudonyms. We both mix personal stuff with social commentary. We both have one "big" topic that we come back to. Her "big" topic is the Silent Prince & his struggles w/ Autism.
Sermons at Salem - My sister's blog of her sermons. Technically this could be listed in the "professional" list. Her sermons are an inspiration & often hold more meaning for me than the sermons of my own pastor. Recently, she posted a wonderful sermon about Karen. It was passed around to Karen's family.
NothingNew - College friend, roommate, groomsman & all-around skeptic...I mean...great guy. The problem with this blog is that he --Hint-- doesn't post enough. He posts a mix of personal stuff & really fun/useful links.
Koinonia 21C - My Mother-in-law's Pastor's Blog --No Seriously-- about life, family & his spiritual journey. He's the kind of person with whom Slick and I would just love to get together and drink wine. Insightful, faithful & struggling. He understands that ministry is not about the LAW but about spreading Grace. He's got my in-laws and all their friends feeding the hungry & doing all sorts of community outreach.

No comments: