Saturday, November 24, 2007

Highlights from a Joyful Day

Here are the highlights from my day...

Slick & I took Princess Kitty (my niece) to see Enchanted today. What a surprisingly delightful film. It was funny, sweet & showed that Disney still knows how to make fun of itself. Really, this is a family find. Cute enough for the kids but intelligent enough for the adults. Slick and I were laughing just as much as Princess Kitty. The message was also a good one: Women can be strong & have their fairytale endings.

For dinner, Slick & I also went out w/ Cats & Hubby for dinner in downtown New Haven at a really fabulous Irish Pub. Glasses of Guinness were raised & great food was consumed.

iDad sent his "thank you" email from his iPhone. He admits that the touch screen typing is not easy, but he seemed to do rather well.

I leave you with these words from my current book...

One of the central elements of the Christian story is the claim that the paradox of laughter and tears, woven as it is deep into the heart of all human experience, is woven also deep into the heart of God.
- N.T.Wright, Simply Christian

No comments: