Monday, November 26, 2007

Will someone please tell me what's going on?

OK, this is amusing. One of my favorite "fake" blogs is The Secret Diary of Steve Jobs. The author -- pretending to be Steve Jobs -- is really Daniel Lyons of Forbes Magazine. The blog obviously lost much of it's hype and thunder when he was outed earlier this year, but it's still got some funny posts for techno-geeks like myself.

Over the holiday, the posts were all authored by someone claiming to be Bono of U2. This had the effect of both feeling like the old fake-steve & being extra irreverent. It must be Lyons being funny right? Well, not according to him. On Sunday he issued an apology suggesting that the site was hijacked.

If it was, it was perfect. If it wasn't, it was perfect. Frankly, I think FSJ is full of crap. Still, I just don't know.

No comments: