Wednesday, November 28, 2007

iDad gets WiFi

So, here's the latest iDad tech watch news...

iDad's wireless router showed up today. He was nervous but got it installed. He called me a few times with that harried "what do I do" voice, but basically I just held his hand as he walked through it on his own. Seriously, he's more tech-savvy than he thinks.

Once the router was up and encryption was on, he finally understood the pulse-pounding power of iPhone. He talked to me on the iPhone (on speaker) while I emailed him a large picture attachment. The fact that he could get a picture, show my mom & still keep talking to me was simply spellbinding to him. He's always made fun of me and my "Toys." Now maybe, he understands my world.

His new Dell laptop arrives later this week. He still keeps going on about how he wishes that he had gotten a Mac. But his Dell broke the bank at $200 less than the base MacBook. I think he'll be happy when he's got his iPhone plugged in to a USB 2.0 port and he's loading his Duke Ellington & Mozart fast, fast, fast.

No comments: