Friday, November 30, 2007

Watchmen

Word of the impending Watchmen movie has been getting me more and more interested in reading it over again. So, today while I was spending my birthday giftcard at Barns & Noble I picked up a copy. -- I seem to recall that my original reading was from a copy borrowed from "the Cop." Remember him, Cats? -- But I digress...

Thanks to some incredible writing graphic novels like the Watchmen & The Dark Knight Returns are much more than just stuff that kids picked up at the local corner store. Indeed, Frank Miller's Dark Knight is on my personal top-ten favorite books list. The impressive Watchmen was voted by Time Magazine as one of the All-Time 100 Novels. Imagine...Great story-telling, amazing plot, wonderful dialog, gripping moments AND it's got pictures!

The story of the Watchmen is a story of one-time heroes, forgotten by time and forced once more to slip on their spandex to fight the good fight. It's a story of regret & lost direction. I'm looking forward to sitting down, rediscovering these legends and reminiscing about my own days of youth.

If you're a fan of comic books, murder mysteries, gripping story-tell and tragic heroes, then pick up a copy OR borrow mine. If you don't like any of these things, what's wrong with you?

No comments: