Thursday, November 29, 2007

NFL Network - A Rant

I would like to give a big middle-finger to the NFL, ESPN & the NFL Network for taking prime-time football out of the reach of the "common" man. The NFL's decision to move their major events to Cable & Satellite companies forget the millions of hard-working Americans that have made their services so popular. Hey, perhaps I'm wrong. Perhaps they've done the research and decided that the poor and middle-class trying to save a few bucks aren't worth their time.

Sunday Night Football has become my new MNF. Besides, I saw MNF at a bar a few weeks ago. I love Stewart Scott, but he can't hold a candle to Madden and Co. I was completely unimpressed with it.

Note: Why the hell does NBC need 9 on-air personalities to produce a football game? Give me 4: A Play-by-play, a Color-commentator, a roving reporter & 1 poor slacker back at the studio for "game-breaks."

Let's get to the match that lit this fire. Tonight's game is Cowboys vs Packers. I would love to watch this game, but it's on NFL Network. The good news (for me anyway) is that NFL Network is apparently going to show the game online for free. I'll get back to you on how that works. But the fact remains that people with only broadcast TV will not be able to watch. Also, apparently Comcast Subscribers who won't pay extra for sports packages are equally screwed.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ok so where can i go to watch the game? cause i want to see the cowboys lose!
Post a link.

Anonymous said...

They may be showing apart of the game here, http://www.nfl.com/live

but a link that shows the full game live would be nice.