Monday, November 26, 2007

No, I'm not going to start a campaign for AJ

Tonight's Eagles vs Pats game was exciting. I'm glad I watched. I'm disappointed, but not surprised that we lost. I believe that AJ showed us two things. He showed us, with his late-game mistakes, why he'll always be a back-up. He also proved to us that the Eagles are faltering because of McNabb. The offense can play. The receivers can run and get open. The line can protect the QB. Thus the bulk of the blame must rest on his shoulders and on the shoulders of Andy Reid.

I have no doubt in my mind now that this team would have a better record if they could have kept Jeff Garcia. This is a health & skills thing. McNabb's strengths have always been his mobility and his creativity. Both are gone because of his injuries. Perhaps he can get them back. Perhaps not. But today we learned that the Eagles are good enough, better actually, without him.

No comments: