Thursday, November 01, 2007

Waiting With Bated Breath

I'm cautiously waiting to see where this goes. Yesterday, Halloween, Karen made a dramatic turn-around. She's lucid, talking and able to take off her breathing mask to do so. Pooh* spoke to her on the phone. I plan to try calling her later today.

I'm cautious because my experience has shown that sometimes people make a dramatic recovery just before the end. The doctors aren't in agreement either. Some things are greatly encouraging and others remain unchanged.

Do I believe in miracles? Yes, but...

So, I wait with bated breath and I continue to pray.

*Pooh - As you know, it's my usual practice to use pseudonyms in this blog. Only Karen has been exempt from this rule. Pooh was a huge obsession with this friend. I couldn't come up with a better name for her, so she's stuck with it. Sorry Pooh. At least the rest of your family will be easy to name now. ;-)

No comments: