Monday, November 12, 2007

Looking for the best word

Today, I'm on a search for the word to best describe the recent actions of the Toyota Co. Here are just some of the words I've come up with so far:

- Disingenuous - Giving a false appearance of simple frankness
- Two-Faced - Action contradictory to a professed attitude
- Hypocritical - feigning to be what one is not

What's got me on this tirade? Toyota is lobbying against higher fuel standards? I've been reading blurbs about this for a few weeks now. Seems that, just like other big automakers in America, they are worried about their truck sales. Big shock! Here's a recent article about it at Newsweek:

Toyota's Green Problem

Yes, Toyota has the best consumer hybrid vehicle in the world. But, it turns out that just like all big businesses it's all about the bottom line. Their recent ad campaign really is full of crap. So, I too have to ask the question: Why not?

Higher fuel standards can be achieved.

Cowards! Hypocrites! Liars!

OK, I feel better now!

No comments: