Wednesday, November 07, 2007

New Feature

So, I've started using the Google Reader (RSS feeds) for my news and blog reading. On of the more interesting features is the ability to flag a story that I want to share & sync it with my blog (also a Google product.) What does that mean? It means that I'll be able to randomly note stories from MSNBC, Digg, Slate or wherever and you'll be able to see them on the right-side bar. Sometimes, a whole blog post isn't worth your time or mine. If you see a headline that sounds interesting, simply click the link and read.

Speaking of Google Reader & RSS feeds in general...

NothingNew has been bugging me for a while to read my news and favorite blogs via a reader for years. I tried a while back and hated it. Well, I like it now, but there is one draw-back. It's too damned efficient. Seriously! There's something mind-numbingly relaxing about visiting all your favorite News sites and checking to see if there are new posts on your favorite blogs. But now, I know if there's something new to read at a glance. I can skim through the headlines really fast and pick the stories I want to read even faster. I did 30-minutes worth of news surfing today in under 10 minutes. Where's the fun in that?

No comments: