Sunday, November 04, 2007

f-f-f-football

Ah, football -- America's Pastime -- All Day!

It's a wonderful thing watching the back-to-back-to-back football games in "free" HD. It makes me almost forget this nasty cold that Slick brought me from England. The only thing that would make this better would be beer, BUT the hot tea w/ lots of honey will have to do.

Originally, I was planning a bunch of yard work until the Colts-Pats game, but this cold is nasty. So, laptop, recliner and football...lots and lots of football.

I can't stress how excited I am about the Colts-Pats match-up. Usually, I think the TV networks over-hype games for the sole purpose of ratings. This time, no amount of hype can do this match-up justice. We've got the two best quarterbacks of this generation playing at the peak of their abilities. Their teams are playing the most amazing football. This is the farthest into the season that 2 undefeated teams have met. The next-best team look like AAA college teams next to these two power-houses. I'm really excited. The fact that I've got the Panther's game before & the Eagles game after only adds to the excitement. Unfortunately, the Panthers look like a practice squad with Carr at QB & the Eagles are playing like shit. (Admittedly, I've left the Panthers game in favor of the Jax/NO game.)

No comments: